How to create virtual image emulator using QEMU
1: Prepare QEMU
Run the below command to install Qemu in system
sudo apt-get install qemu qemu-kvm libvirt-bin
After installing QEMU in your system, we will create an image file,which contain all the data of our android marshmallow.Use the below command to create 10gb image file:
qemu-img create -f qcow2 android-marshmallow.img 10G
Alternate:Use virtual box to run android marshmallow on system using below command:
2: Now,Download Android -x86 6.0 for linux using below link:
3: After successful download run the below command.Below command is for 32 bit architecture:
qemu-system-i386 -m 2048 -boot d -enable-kvm -smp 3 -net nic -net user -hda android-marshmallow.img -cdrom /root/android-x86_64-6.0-rc2.iso
Note: Replace /root/android-x86_64-6.0-rc2.iso with your path where you had downloaded the file earlier.
After that,you will see the Qemu windows as shown in below screenshot. If you find error in running the previous command.i must suggest you to use virtual box.
How To Install Android 6.0 Marshmallow x86 On Pc
Now select the option "Installation-Install Android-x86 to harddisk"
– Then you will see the following window, choose the first option:
– Then It will ask if you want to use GPT or not (MBR), select “No”:
Now create a new partition in cfdisk windows in order to install Android Marshmallow :
Now enter . The partition will be created.
Note:Specify the disk size for the new hard drive else leave it blank to use maximum and hit Enter:
Choose your new created partition:
– Now choose the file system type, choose ext4:
– Confirm, click yes:
– Then it will prompt you to install the GRUB bootloader, Select yes:
– Then it will ask user to install EFI GRUB bootloader, Select “Skip”:
– Finally, it will ask user to install the /system directory with read-write permissions,select yes:
Done ,android marshmallow is installing in your kali linux,it will take sometime,wait for few minutes.
Boom,Now the Android- x86 successfully installed, just click to run it in your kali linux 2.0
– After sometime,depending on your system speed qemu show the image as shown below.Go on with the basic option to complete the installation of android marshmallow.